APPLICATIONS DUE JULY 1 FOR BROADWAY UTICA'S BERNADETTE EICHLER YOUTH AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Do you know a high school student interested in theatre; encourage them to apply to become a Broadway Utica Youth Ambassador! Each year, BU chooses two students from each of the surrounding high schools who are given free Broadway Utica season tickets. The program is in its fourth year, and is named after late local educator and BU Board Member, Bernadette Eichler.
Broadway Theatre League’s 2015-2016 season includes:
-Jersey Boys-- September 17, 18, 19, & 20
-Bullets Over Broadway-- October 1 & 2
-Wizard of Oz-- November 27 & 28
-Once-- January 12 & 13
-42nd Street-- February 9 & 10
-Ragtime-- April 6 & 7
In exchange for the season subscription, students are required to post their thoughts about each show on Facebook and/or Twitter and submit a short critique of each show to Broadway Utica. Some critiques may be posted on the BU blog and/or website.
The goal of the program is to engage area teens and encourage their interest in theatre. The students' interests can be in any area including acting, producing, management, choreography, lighting, sound, costume or set design.
• Student must be a junior or senior in high school for the 2015-16 school year.
• Student must have the ability to attend and provide his/her own transportation to the opening night of all five season shows.
• Student must have a Facebook and/or Twitter account and be willing to submit their comments through social media within 12 hours of viewing the performance.
• Student must have a teacher recommendation.
• Student will be required to submit a short essay explaining why they would like to become a Youth Ambassador.
Applications to become a part of the program are due Wednesday, July 1, 2015. For more information about Broadway Utica’s Youth Ambassador Program visit www.BroadwayUtica.com or call Erika Heintz at Broadway Utica at (315) 724-7196.