APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR BROADWAY UTICA'S BERNADETTE EICHLER YOUTH AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Do you know a high school student interested in theatre? Encourage them to become a Bernedette Eichler Youth Ambassador! Each year, Broadway Utica chooses two students from each of the surrounding schools who are given free season tickets. BEYAP is in its fifth year, and is named after late local educator and BU Board Member Bernadette Eichler.
Broadway Theatre League’s 2016-2017 season includes:
- Fame-- September 20 & 21
- A Christmas Story-- November 15 & 16
- Pippin-- March 22 & 23
- Rent-- April 26 & 27
- Dirty Dancing-- May 30 & 31
In exchange for a season subscription, students are required to post their thoughts about each show on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram, and submit a short critique of each show to Broadway Utica. The goal of the program is to engage area teens and encourage their interest in theatre. The students' interests can be in any area including, but not limited to acting, producing, management, choreography, lighting, sound, costume or set design.
- Student must be a junior or senior in high school for the 2016-17 school year.
- Student must have the ability to attend and provide his/her own transportation to the opening night of all five season shows.
- Student must have a Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram account and be willing to submit their comments through social media within 12 hours of viewing the performance.
- Student must have a teacher recommendation.
- Student will be required to submit a short essay explaining why they would like to become a Bernadette Eichler Youth Ambassador.
- Applications are due Friday, July 1, 2016.
For more information about Broadway Utica’s Bernadette Eichler Youth Ambassador Program visit www.BroadwayUtica.com or call Kristen Matteson at Broadway Utica at (315) 724-7196.
The Bernadette Eichler Youth Ambassador Program is sponsored by the Bank of Utica.